Ascender, the creators of Eventflow, is committed to achieving the highest standards of quality, honesty, openness and accountability in our everyday activities. We also believe that we have a moral obligation to take account of the impact of our activities on the local, national and global economy, the environment and the community in which we operate.
We aim to reduce any adverse effects our activities may have to a minimum and to make a positive contribution where reasonably possible.
We will compete robustly but fairly in our market, provide value for money and high-quality customer service, make prompt payment to our suppliers, and not offer or accept inducements to further our business.
Awarding of Contracts
Awarding of contracts will be made only based on their value for money, quality, ability to deliver the product/service required and taking into account the business ethics and corporate values of the business tendering for the contract.
All contracts must be arranged through our standard procurement process and authorised in writing by a Director.
Gifts and Hospitality
We have an Anti-Bribery Policy and adhere to the 2010 Bribery Act 2010, which came into force on 1 July 2011.
As an employer, we will act fairly and responsibly in all matters relating to our employees and workers, create a supportive, honest and open environment for employees to work in treat all individuals with dignity and respect.
We seek to eliminate prejudice, discrimination and victimisation, provide a safe and healthy environment in which to work, provide opportunities for personal growth and professional development, and support all employees to be fulfilled in their working lives.
Our recruitment process is fair, equitable and non-discriminatory. Appointments are made solely on the ability to perform the duties required.
We have an Environmental Policy, take environmental issues and sustainability seriously, and consider both issues as much as possible in our everyday business decisions. We ensure we comply with all UK laws applicable and keep abreast with changes in legislation.
- Our offices are fully insulated to reduce heat loss and excessive energy consumption.
- We dispose of any waste produced in an environmentally responsible manner and recycle waste wherever possible (we currently recycle food waste, bottles, paper, plastics, cans and cardboard).
- We recycle all old electrical equipment and furniture no longer required by donating to local charities.
- We purchase products derived from natural resources and sustainable sources wherever possible.
- We consider relevant environmental considerations when making decisions regarding working practices and office purchasing.
- We strive to be a paperless office and discourage the keeping of hard copies where they are not needed.
- Low-energy LED luminares, rechargeable batteries and other energy-saving devices are used wherever possible.
- All employees are requested to turn off the lights when leaving the office.
- We try to deliver most of our services remotely, avoiding unnecessary car journeys.
We actively encourage our staff to dedicate time to local charities.